Webinar: Exiting the EU - how will it impact your business?
To help you prepare for 1 January 2021, we hosted a webinar to help you understand how to account for the changes affecting taxes such as import VAT and duty.
Watch a recording of our webinar
Presented by Tamara Habberley, expert at the VAT People, our webinar will ensure you have all the information you need to confidentally prepare for 1 January 2021.
What will I learn?
- Guidance for importers: we'll explain how you will account for any import VAT and duty for goods coming into the UK
- For online market places, we'll look at how you'll need to account for VAT on low consignments imported into the UK that are sold by businesses trading on their market place
- Guidance for exporters: what impact will there be on your customers when goods reach the European Communities (EC)? Who will account for EC import VAT and duty?*
- Distance sellers: you'll need to be aware of two dates (31 December 2020 and 1 July 2021) and be ready for the changes
- Suppliers of services to the EC: the rules are changing on the VAT treatment of supplies from the UK to EC consumers from 1 July 2021 and now is the time to prepare
*this is not quite as straight forward as zero rating a sale from the UK and you'll need to fully understand how this needs to be managed to avoid any issues for your EU customers after 31 December 2020.
Click below to watch our webinar and if you'd like to discuss this further, please get in touch with us.
We're here to help...
We're here to help in any way, so if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on 0121 693 5000 (Solihull Office) or 1527 833124 (Bromsgrove Office).