Preparing for Customs Declarations
Following the UK's exit from the EU, importers and exporters are now required to complete customs declarations. This article provides an overview about what you will need to do this.
To complete declarations you will need:
- a GB Economic Operator Registration and Identification number (EORI number)
- to decide if you want to use a customs intermediary
If you choose to complete the customs declarations yourself, you will need to:
- have access to the relevant IT systems to complete declarations
- know the customs value and commodity code for goods traded
- consider simplifications and facilitations, such as customs freight simplified procedures (CFSPs), warehousing, inward processing and transit
For more information, please click here to visit GOV.UK.